Senior Command Team Meeting
Monday 8th July 2013
CC David Crompton (Chair)
DCC Andy Holt
ACC Max Sahota
DF Nigel Hiller
T/ACC Martyn Bates
DECLARATION(S) OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 24TH JUNE 2013
Subject to some minor amendments, these were approved as an accurate record.
ACTION SCHEDULE AND WORK PROGRAMME
T/ACC Bates gave an update on the helicopter.
• Advised that the Force could expect a further visit from HMIC later this year as part of Valuing the Police 3.
• Discussed the Chief Constables Collaboration Position Paper, the arrangements that may exist and the different models that may be used. CC Crompton to liaise with T/DCC Whyman. ACTION : CC Crompton
• PACCTS Update (Police and Crime Commissioners Treasurers’ Society)
Gave an update regarding the meeting on 3 July with HM Treasury and DCLG. The next Budget Proposal Meeting with the PCC is on 25 July. CC Crompton asked for a discussion prior to this meeting in respect of savings to be made. ACTION : DF Hiller
DF Hiller advised that he would take ownership of putting an invest to save bid in for call handling or mobilisation and would speak to Humberside’s CC to ensure alignment. ACTION : DF Hiller
T/Supt Green to be invited to a future SCT Business Meeting to consider other options for Invest to Save bids. ACTION : SCT Office Manager
• Gave an update on the issues experienced last week and the Gold Group Meeting he had chaired as a result of the servers affected by the heating at Snig Hill and advised that these would be discussed at the Risk Management Board tomorrow. DF Hiller explained that there is some work being undertaken looking at our Data Centre and fall back options. DF Hiller confirmed that it is the responsibility of Facilities Management to ensure the heat alarms are regularly checked and do not fail. Martin Knapp and Ian Maughan are working on the issue. CC Crompton asked for a paper to SCT that would provide the detail of the current position and where the Force needs to be in the future in respect of its Data Centre. ACTION : DF Hiller
• ACC Sahota raised ACPO cover and Firearms Cover. It was agreed that options should be taken to a future SCT Meeting and that CC Crompton would have exploratory talks with Humberside’s CC. ACTION : CC Crompton
• We have the opportunity from the Safety Camera Partnership to use some grant funding they have from Europe to put an extra set at the back of Lifewise in the rear car park to use the outside space as a continuous. DCC Holt to confirm that the grant has been approved by the PCC. ACTION : DCC Holt
8 July 27 June
All Crime Burglary All Crime Burglary
Force -2.9% -4% -1.2% -0.7%
Doncaster -7.4% -35.9% -6.8% -34.7%
Sheffield -8% +1.5% -6.5% +5.5%
Barnsley +3.8% +23.7% +5.5% +29.3%
Rotherham +10.3% +25.7% +14.8% +30.6%
There is an abundance of evidence that Op Forager works and this needs to be enforced across all districts to tackle crime.
Community Safety Volunteers
This paper, presented by T/ACC Bates, proposes how volunteers would become more public facing and would be used by each district to support Op Forager for example. The paper is to be resubmitted to SCT as a decision paper once the OMA has provided funding and costing implications. A Fletcher to send to J Cookson to identify any insurance implications. The paper can then be presented to the next Governance Advisory Board. ACTION : T/ACC Bates and SCT Office Manager
Corporate Governance Framework
DF Hiller advised that this is currently being finalised by the OPCC and asked colleagues for comments.
Papers to Review
The draft Agenda for the next Governance Advisory Board was discussed. All presentations and papers to be submitted to SCT Business Meeting on 22 July. ACTION : SCT Office Manager
DCC Holt to liaise with the OPCC regarding an FOI request that has been received by the force in relation to reports sent to the PCC and the PCC’s response to these. ACTION : DCC Holt
NOTIFICATION TO THE FORCE
ANY OTHER BUSINESS