Doncaster SNA Inspectors - 14.2.13

DONCASTER SAFER NEIGHBOURHOODS – INSPECTORS MEETING

ACTION SCHEDULE

14 March 2013

Attended:  Ch Insp Thomas (Chair), A/Insp Munro-Smith, Insp Cowling, Insp Mountford, Insp McFarlane,

A/Insp Lindley,  PS Warbrick

 

 

DATE

ACTION

OWNER

 

UPDATE

14.8.12

CYPO Role

 

Supt Tweed has asked that a review of the role of CYPPOs be undertaken. 
ACTION:   CYPOs are asked to provide an in-depth report to Inspector Hardy outlining their role including contacts.

CYPOs should be meeting on a regular basis with PCSO’s who have responsibility for local primary schools.  Details regarding these should be included in the report.

ACTION:  Insp Hardy will be circulating a report to all Inspectors regarding the role of CYPOs.  Feedback re the report is requested together with any further information they feel relevant.

During a recent CYPO meeting various topics were discussed including shift patterns and work during school holidays. 
ACTION:  Each Inspector should provide Insp Hardy with a report outlining what roles their CYPOs undertake and what shift pattern they work to.

7 new Police cadets will arrive in the District shortly and should be utilised for all activities.

Each CYPPO shift should be in line with the local SNT which can be deviated from should the need arise, following consultation with the officer’s line manager. 

All YOS and CYPPO officers roles will be combined and will take on board a number of other tasks, ie, visiting care homes.  Embedded officers will not be totally merged with YOS officers – slight differences.  This will commence from 1 April 2013.

ACTION:  All Inspectors are asked to discuss the changes with their CYPPO.

Role still being discussed but ultimately roles will combine and encompass visits outside of school premises.  Although initially aiming for a start date of 1 April, it is unlikely this will be met.

 

14.2.13  - Roles will definitely combine.  Working towards the practicalities of that process.

 

14.2.13

Troubled Families Grouping

Inspectors

Each family will be graded and dealt with in a particular manner dependant upon the grade.  This grouping falls under the remit of Area Managers and will be managed as such.  An ‘Idiots Guide’ is being produced by Tracey Needham at Children’s Services and will be circulated once finalized.

 

ACTION:  Inspectors are asked to e-mail Chief Insp Thomas with any suggestions as to how best deal with each grouping.

 

14.2.13

Watchline

Inspectors

Inspectors are reminded to pass information through watchline of relevant information in their area.

 

14.2.13

Community Engagement Spreadsheet

Inspectors

Sergeants on each SNA need to review their database.  They should ensure officers visit each group and identify if they are suitable and relevant.  They should also identify other possible groups within their area.
ACTION:  Inspectors should ensure that their Sergeants are encouraging officers to make the relevant visits and review the database.

 

15.10.12

Cycles and Kit

Chief Insp Thomas

All kit has been pulled together and a stock held within DHQ.   Any request for kit should initially be submitted to Chief Inspector Thomas.
ACTION:  Inspectors should submit a report to Ch Insp Thomas identifying which courses are required for the new PCSO’s.

ACTION:   Courses are now available and therefore Inspectors should request these by providing a report to Chief Insp Thomas.    Once received Chief Inspector Thomas will make necessary arrangements.  Funding is available for kit and clothing .

Awaiting dates for new cycles course but likely to have one course each quarter.  If spare kit required and not available at DHQ store, more can be purchased although no further bikes can be bought to increase the fleet.  New ones can be purchased to replace existing ones over 5 years old.   Funding also available through Violent Crime Group or possibly through St Leger to purchase cameras. 

 

14.2.13 – Courses will be held every quarter.  Must ensure all medical/fitness tests are carried out.

15.10.12

CIAs

Chief Insp Thomas

CIA generally arise from serious incidents such as murders.  SNAs use these to monitor tensions within the area.  The guidance notes have been updated.  Officers should ensure that they make contact with the FIO and SIO before speaking to KINS.

ACTION:  Chief Insp Thomas to circulate the guidance document.

It is intended to introduce a board system to be utilized at each briefing at each station whereby CIA’s and the relevant beat manager will be listed and discussed.  CIA’s need daily management and the Council should be involved.

If a CTA is required then the Deputy SIO should be contacted in the initial stages  A CTA should then be sent through to Intel for inputting onto CMS2.

Discussion took place with Area Managers outlining a protocol for instigating CIA’s following major incidents etc.  A SPOC should be identified on each side with a suggestion of a white board being placed in offices listing all CIAs, SPOCS and daily tasks.   It is imperative that daily links are made, when appropriate, across relevant agencies.

SYP will act as lead with DMBC registering all information in order to provide an audit trail at a later date.

ACTION:    Once a CIA is complete, an e-mail should be forwarded to Chief Insp Thomas who will sign them off for filing.

CIA Boards and procedures in place.  Council should have a SPOC in place for officers to link in with.  This is usually the warden for the area.  No specific issues at this time.

 

14.2.13  -  All processes in place.  Inspector should ensure that they make contact with the SPOC on a daily basis.

 

11.12.12

Overtime Spending

 

All Inspectors should make the necessary arrangements to use their overtime allocation.  Should they identify a shortfall this will be re-located to urban SNA.
ACTION:  All Inspectors should e-mail Chief Insp Thomas with details of any shortfalls in order that the funds can be re-allocated.

Most areas still have money to spend.  Any shortfalls will re-allocated.

 

14.2.13  -  All spending needs to be arranged by end of February.  Further funding available.

 

ACTION:   Inspectors should e-mail Chief Insp Thomas if they require further hours (50 per SNA and 60 for NRT)

 

11.12.12

Detection Rates

Insp Cowling

A/Insp Munro-Smith

There has been an increase in criminal damage within the South and North SNA’s.

ACTION:  Inspectors Cowling and Munro-Smith should provide a report outlining how figures could be improved in their areas using the Fixed Penalty Notice scheme

 

Detection rates in the North and South could be improved.

 

14.1.13

Generic Operational Orders

 

 

Three generic ops orders are required to be organized in order that a copy can be placed in the folder for future use, as follows:

 

ACTION:    PC Mike Dewsnap – Wildlife

                  PS Steve Butler – Railway

                  PS Mark Butler  - Airport

 

14.2.13  -  Operations need to be arranged.  One currently planned for a Hunt (Wayne Munro-Smith and Iain Chorlton involved)

 

14.2.13

Funding re Road Safety

Inspectors

Steve Betts from Safety Camera Partnerships outlined funding which could be applied for through his department in order to buy equipment etc but must have a link to road safety.

ACTION:   Chief Inspector Thomas will e-mail all CYPOs asking them to identify any equipment they would require.  CI Thomas will then collate all requests and submit as one bid.

 

14.2.13

Gypsy Travellers

Chief Insp Thomas

ACTION:  Chief Insp Thomas will provide details of all public e-mail addresses of each SNA to Intelligence in order that the relevant information can be circulated.

 

NEXT MEETING:

11 am WED 13 MARCH 2013

     

 

Date: 

Thursday, 7 November, 2013 - 10:00