Doncaster SNA Inspectors Meeting - 9.4.13

DONCASTER SAFER NEIGHBOURHOODS – INSPECTORS MEETING

ACTION SCHEDULE

9 April 2013

Attended:  Ch Insp Thomas (Chair), A/Insp Munro-Smith, Insp Cowling, Insp Mountford, Insp McFarlane,

A/Insp Butler,  PS Warbrick

 

 

DATE

ACTION

OWNER

 

UPDATE

14.8.12

CYPO Role

 

Supt Tweed has asked that a review of the role of CYPPOs be undertaken. 
ACTION:   CYPOs are asked to provide an in-depth report to Inspector Hardy outlining their role including contacts.

CYPOs should be meeting on a regular basis with PCSO’s who have responsibility for local primary schools.  Details regarding these should be included in the report.

ACTION:  Insp Hardy will be circulating a report to all Inspectors regarding the role of CYPOs.  Feedback re the report is requested together with any further information they feel relevant.

During a recent CYPO meeting various topics were discussed including shift patterns and work during school holidays. 
ACTION:  Each Inspector should provide Insp Hardy with a report outlining what roles their CYPOs undertake and what shift pattern they work to.

7 new Police cadets will arrive in the District shortly and should be utilised for all activities.

Each CYPPO shift should be in line with the local SNT which can be deviated from should the need arise, following consultation with the officer’s line manager. 

All YOS and CYPPO officers roles will be combined and will take on board a number of other tasks, ie, visiting care homes.  Embedded officers will not be totally merged with YOS officers – slight differences.  This will commence from 1 April 2013.

ACTION:  All Inspectors are asked to discuss the changes with their CYPPO.

Role still being discussed but ultimately roles will combine and encompass visits outside of school premises.  Although initially aiming for a start date of 1 April, it is unlikely this will be met.

14.2.13  - Roles will definitely combine.  Working towards the practicalities of that process.

13.3.13 – Role Profile etc being written.  A CYPO Sgt will be appointed but the Inspector will have overall responsibility.  Shift pattern still causing a few issues and requires more work. 

It is still intended to merge with YOS officers once the next financial year is complete.

 

9.4.13 – Officers will work immediately from the new role profile.  Future issues with regard to boundary changes may affect the number of posts allocated over coming months.

 

14.2.13

Troubled Families Grouping

Inspectors

Each family will be graded and dealt with in a particular manner dependant upon the grade.  This grouping falls under the remit of Area Managers and will be managed as such.  An ‘Idiots Guide’ is being produced by Tracey Needham at Children’s Services and will be circulated once finalized.

ACTION:  Inspectors are asked to e-mail Chief Insp Thomas with any suggestions as to how best deal with each grouping.

13.3.13 – Council currently running classes in relation to this.  Inspectors have been invited to attend a meeting at which the National Co-ordinator will attend.  Must ensure that Area Managers run the Troubled Familes Meetings and not SYP.  Claire Scott from DMBC has circulated a paper suggesting a new system.  It was felt that this should be utilised on a trial basis.

 

9.4.13 – New model not yet commenced across all areas.  Meetings are being run by Neighbourhood Managers but this and the process will be monitored.

 

14.2.13

Watchline

Inspectors

Inspectors are reminded to pass information through watchline of relevant information in their area.

13.3.13 – Tests are still being conducted therefore watchline should continue to be used.

 

9.4.13 – Most areas are still on Watchline.  Officers should be reminded that at least one message should be posted weekly.  Inspectors should ensure that all areas across their SNA are covered by Watchline in line with the new boundaries.

 

13.3.13

Hate Crime Process

Chief Insp Thomas

From now on all hate crime should be brought to the attention of the FIO who will take the issue to the NAG.

A Tasking Officer for Hate Crime has been allocated for each SNA who will send the hate crime information over to the FIO

ACTION:  Chief Insp Thomas is asked to circulate the e-mail from Kev Burrows to all tasking SPOCs.

9.4.13 – Hate crime no longer sits with SNA but with CID.  

ACTION:  Chief Insp Thomas to make enquiries in relation to the NAG aspect of hate crime and its link with the ASB panel.

 

Process of hate crime to CID to be completed by DCI Whittaker including link to SNA’s.

 

 

9.4.13

Case Management System

Chief Insp Thomas

The new case management system is currently being trialled in urban.  All NAG cases are being updated by DMBC.  This system is being used in other Districts.  SPOCs should ensure that they check PROCAD each day for incidents in their area and forward this information to the FIO who will then update the system.

 

9.4.13

NRT Updates

PS Warbrick

It has been highlighted that a number of incidents etc are being allocated to the NRT even when the relevant SNA are working.  It is felt that this is due to Atlas Court not following protocol.

ACTION:  Chief Insp Thomas will discuss with Chief Insp Cooper.

 

Tracy Potter updated all operators at Atlas.

 

9.4.13

Optimal Outlaw

Ch Insp Thomas

Under Operation Optimal a further level of action will be created following a ‘sneak in’ burglary.  This will involve PCSO’s undertaking further door knocking and crime prevention delivery over and above the arranged cocooning.    Discussion took place as to the best way to undertake this, ie, dedicated team, each officer do 10 per day etc.

Agreed by DCI Robinson

 

9.4.13

Alligator Shift Patterns

Insp McFarlane

Issues have been highlighted recently in relation to the shift pattern allocated to Alligator.

ACTION:  Chief Insp Thomas will meet with Insp McFarlane to discuss the issues in relation to the shift pattern.

 

30 day consultation notices were sent out which end on 15.5.13.  No alternative options received.  After 15.5.13 a meeting will be held to agree the wording with the Federation.  30 day notices to change will then be circulated.

 

NEXT MEETING:

10 AM TUESDAY, 14 MAY 2013

 

Date: 

Tuesday, 9 April, 2013 - 14:15