If your phone has gone missing, please click here for guidance.
Don't make it easy for thieves - have a look at the tips below to help prevent you being a victim of a theft. Click here for more tips via Police.uk
- Stay alert - awareness is your best defence
- Trust your instincts - if you think something is wrong, then act on it
- Wearing earphones is common practice these days and can make walks or jogging more entertaining, however be aware the earphones may appear attractive to potential attackers and reduce your alertness to your surroundings
- If you are carrying a bag make sure the clasp is facing inwards, all zips are closed correctly and all pockets closed. If your bag is snatched let it go, your safety is more important than your property
- If you have expensive items on you such as jewellery, mobile phone, purse or wallet keep it out of sight
- If you are threatened by a person, scream and shout, set off a personal attack alarm to startle the attacker as this will give you vital seconds to escape. Try to make a note of details such as registration plates, clothing, height etc. and then report the incident to the police.
In an emergency always call 999.
For non-emergencies or if you have information about an incident call us on 101.