A round up of court results, key arrests and activity carried out by Doncaster’s Performance Crime team this week-
- A Balby man has received 3 years behind bars for burglary. Brian Jackson, 40, of Westholme Road, Balby, received the sentence after pleading guilty to a burglary at a property on Victoria Road last year.
At around lunchtime on Wednesday 4 October, police received reports a man armed with a screwdriver had broken into a property on Victoria Road in Balby. As he was fleeing the property the man was seen by a neighbour who chased and confronted him. During this confrontation the man is said to have made threats to the neighbour before making off.
It was later discovered a sock containing jewellery and a large quantity of cash stolen in the burglary, had been dropped during this confrontation. Analysis of the sock for forensic lines of enquiry identified DNA that positively matched to Jackson. Using this evidence and witness accounts, officers charged Jackson with one count of burglary, for which he received 36 months in prison at Sheffield Crown Court on Wednesday 25 April.
- On Monday 23 April, officers executed four warrants at properties in the Balby area. This resulted in over 3.5kg of cannabis, with the estimated street value of £35,000, and a quantity of cash being recovered. Investigations are currently ongoing in connection with the warrants.
- On Wednesday 25 April a 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault (Section 18 Grievous bodily harm), in connection with a reported incident on Silver Street on Friday 13 April.
At around 11.30pm it was reported a man had been approached and assaulted by a group of men on Silver Street, Doncaster. The man sustained serious injuries in the incident.
The 26-year-old has since been released under investigation as enquiries continue.
- A 22-year-old man wanted in connection with a reported affray and failing to appear at court was arrested by officers on Saturday 21 April. He was remanded into custody until his appearance before Doncaster Magistrates’ Court on Monday 23 April.
- A 49-year-old man wanted on recall to prison was arrested and presented before Doncaster Magistrates’ Court on Monday 23 April.
No related content found