Man named as Sheffield murder investigation continues

Date published: 19 August 2018 18:15
Dated: 19 August 2018 18:44:26

Detectives investigating the death of a 21-year-old man in the Upperthorpe area have this evening named him as Kavan Brissett.

Mr Brissett was left seriously injured following an incident in an alleyway just off Langsett Walk on Tuesday 14 August just before 6.45pm. He was taken to hospital where he died as a result of his injuries yesterday morning (Saturday 18 August).

A post-mortem examination carried out yesterday afternoon concluded that he died from a single stab wound to the chest. His family continue to be supported by specialist officers and have asked for their privacy to be respected at this incredibly difficult time.

As a team of detectives continue with enquiries, the Senior Investigating Officer in the case Detective Chief Inspector Jude Ashmore, is urging members of the local community who may have information to come forward.

“We believe there are people within the community who will be able to help with our enquiries as we piece together exactly what happened and work to identify those involved.

“It’s these people who we need to come forward and speak to us, we need to work together to provide answers for Mr Brissett’s family and bring those responsible to justice.

“The investigation continues to progress and today we have arrested two boys, aged 17 and 16 on suspicion of conspiracy to rob. They currently remain in custody.

“We are grateful to everyone who has come forward with information so far but we need people to keep talking to us. No matter how insignificant you think a piece of information may seem, it could in fact prove vital to the investigation.

“If you have information, you can speak to an officer in the area, call 101 or if you don’t feel comfortable speaking to police, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. Please quote incident number 827 of 14 August when providing information.”

An 18-year-old man arrested on suspicion of attempt murder earlier this week remains released under investigation and a 17-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob remains on bail.

Related Content

No related content found