An overview of results and activity executed by Doncaster’s Performance Crime Team-
- Over three years added to inmates jail term for false imprisonment
Owen Hill, 25, from Scarborough, received an additional 40 months to his current sentence after pleading guilty at Sheffield Crown Court on Thursday (26 April) to false imprisonment of a member of prison staff and possession of an improvised weapon.
The incident happened on Saturday 14 August 2017 at HMP Moorland, Doncaster, when Hill took a member of staff hostage and demanded a move to another prison.
Hill gave up the weapon and released the member of staff, who wasn’t harmed in the incident, following negotiations from prison officers.
- Prison sentence for violent assault
Yesterday (Thursday 3 May) Sam Thompson, 21, from Leeds, was sentenced to three years after pleading guilty to two counts of assault and possession of an offensive weapon.
On Saturday 21 October 2017 Thompson, who was an inmate at HMP Doncaster at the time of the offence, used an improvised weapon to attack his cellmate before throwing a kettle of boiling water at him. The man sustained serious injuries in the incident.
Thomson was due to be released from prison in November 2017, however he was remanded into custody until he pleaded guilty on the last day of the trail at Sheffield Crown Court on Thursday.
- Following a warrant executed at a property on Park Road, Mexborough on Wednesday 2 May, a quantity of suspected Class A drugs and drug making equipment were seized.
A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of intent to supply in connection with the warrant. He has since been released under investigation as enquiries continue.
- Officers investigating a reported distraction burglary on Ennerdale Road at the end of March have interviewed a 37-year-old woman in connection to the investigation. She has since been released under investigation as enquiries continue.
- On Tuesday 1 April, officers recovered a quantity of cannabis with the estimated street value of over £300 following a warrant at property on Princess Crescent. Enquires are currently ongoing in connection with the warrant.
No related content found