The priorities for the Doncaster East Neighbourhood Policing Team are:
- To improve community safety by building stronger ties within those who live and work in the area
- Reducing crime, disorder, and harm
- Provide high visibility reassurance to our communities via regular patrols from PCSOs
- To reduce and prevent rural crime through effective engagement with the local community and adopting a problem-solving approach.
Thorne and Moorends – Anti Social Behaviour in Thorne ( including QUORA Park retail park)
This issue has been highlighted by Council Ward members
This is affecting business in the town centre and members of the public using the town centre
Goals - to encourage people to report incidents to the police and/or council and to identify those involved.
- Joint days of engagement planned with Partner agencies,
- POP up police stations in the town centre and at Quora Park , in addition to the usual monthly ones.
- Discuss the issue at the monthly community meeting
- Consider powers relating to anti social behaviour contracts, community protection notices and protecting public spaces orders.
Stainforth and Barnby Dun – Anti social behaviour involving motor bikes and burglaries
Identified by NPT officers and members of the public
This is affecting local residents of Stainforth
Goals- Work with partners to identify those involved.
Work with Partners to look at enforcement, The off road bike team have been requested and are attending on a number of dates. The Road Policing Group ( traffic) will also be providing additional support.
Patrol plan for high visibility patrols in Stainforth. work with CID and intelligence to identify those involved
Hatfield and Dunscroft – Burglaries in Hatfield , Anti social behaviour Broadway and Quarry Park
The issues have been identified from the crime figures in relation to the burglaries and from Council Ward Members for Quarry Park and Broadway
This is affecting local residents and users of the park
Goals- A patrol plan has been created for Broadway and Quarry Park with partner agencies. To try and identify those involved and deter further incidents. Educational work to be completed in the local schools
High visibility patrols and plain clothes patrols around Hatfield.
Edenthorpe and Kirk Sandall – Speeding Vehicles
Highlighted by members of the public and Councillors
Goals, regular speed operations including community speed watch. The results to be posted on the website, Monthly Newsletter and other social media accounts
Armthorpe – speeding vehicles and parking issues outside schools
Identified by members of the public who attend the monthly community meeting
Goals,- Speeding operations to be held regularly and update at the community meeting with the results and post them via social media outlets and newsletter.
Patrol plan put in place around school drop off and pick times. PCSOs to discuss education opportunities with schools.