South Yorkshire Volunteer Police CadetsDate published: 31 March 2023 08:01
South Yorkshire Volunteer Police Cadets represent the force at community events and participate in a variety of activities and formal training as well as learning about various roles within the police.
Applications for Cadets
Applications are now open.
For further information, and to apply, please click here
Closing Date : 30th April 2023
What you will learn as a Cadet
During the scheme you will explore the following subjects:
- personal development
- police powers
- road safety
- personal safety
- diversity issues
- crime prevention
- drug law and connected issues
- theft/criminal damage
- public order/sporting events
Expectations of Cadets
You will be expected to:
- dress smartly and wear appropriate uniform when attending cadet evenings and other events
- adhere to force policy on dress and personal appearance at work, which covers hair - for example no shaved areas/ patterns, natural coloured hair only, long hair tied up in a bun - facial hair, jewellery, cosmetics and tattoos
- supply your own plain black shoes/boots which must be worn with black socks
- attend a weekly district meeting held on a Wednesday evening and volunteer for additional activities that may take place at evenings and weekends
- be punctual at all times and inform the cadet manager if delayed for any reason.
- participate in no acts likely to bring discredit on either the South Yorkshire Police Volunteer Cadets or South Yorkshire Police
- successfully pass a probationary period.
Please note that you may also be subject to background checks as part of the recruitment process.
- You need to be 15 years old by 31 August 2023 and no older than 17 years of age by 31 March 2024
- You need to live in South Yorkshire
All successful candidates will be expected to attend a two day induction programme:
DAY 1 - ONE OF 24 JULY, 25 JULY, 17 AUGUST, 18 AUGUST 2023
DAY 2 - ONE OF 28 JULY OR 14 AUGUST 2023
The next cadet programme starts on 6th September 2023