What documents do I need to bring?
- Police registration certificate (PRC) - this is essential as we need to be able to add all your new details onto your existing PRC. If you have lost your PRC or left it in your home country, please cancel the change of details appointment and book a new registration appointment instead. You will be required to pay £34.00 for a new PRC. If your PRC is full and you require a replacement issuing, please cancel the change of details appointment and book a new registration appointment instead. There is charge for replacing a full PRC. There is no charge for updating your current PRC.
- Passport - please bring this to all appointments. Photocopies are not accepted.
- Visas - If you are reporting new studies (or employment), you will have new visas. You may have an Entry Clearance visa in your passport as well as a new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card). Please let us know of any other reasons why you may be extending your stay in the UK.
- Document showing your address - this can be an accommodation contract/tenancy agreement or bank letter provided by the University. We need to be able to see your full UK address including your flat/room number
- Document showing studies -please bring your CAS letter, Unconditional Offer from the University or even a bank letter, which shows your course title as well as the start and finish dates.
- Document showing employment - please bring a letter from your Employer which states your occupation and place of work as well as the start date (and end date if applicable)
- Proof of company created / purchased - if you have set up a business or purchased one please provide a document so we can clearly see the name of the business
- Marriage / Divorce - please provide a certificate to confirm EITHER. We must be able to see where and when a marriage ceremony took place – even if it was not in the UK.
Other than your Passport and BRP card, we are happy to see other documents in an email if you do not have a printed version. It may be a good idea to have them as screen shots as they are usually easy to find.
Attending the appointment
Please attend the appointment on your own – do not bring friends or family with you, even to wait in the queue. We are trying to keep visitor numbers to a minimum for everyone’s safety.
Please do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment time. Whilst you are waiting, make sure that you have all your paperwork ready for the staff to see. To help the staff identify you please, show them the email, which has your appointment details on.
If you are more than five minutes late we cannot guarantee that we will be able to see you and you may be asked to book another appointment. Please email us if you think you are going to be late, especially if you are travelling from Rotherham, Doncaster or Barnsley at Overseas.firstname.lastname@example.org