What documents do I need?
- Police registration certificate (PRC). - this is essential, as we need to be able to update all your new information on your PRC. We will also need to add the old information from your PRC onto your new online account. If your PRC has been lost or stolen and you need a new one, please book a new registration appointment as there will be a £34.00 fee to pay. If your PRC is full and you need a replacement issuing, please book a new registration appointment. There is no charge for replacing a full PRC.
Please note the staff on the enquiry desk where the transfer appointments usually take place cannot issue new/replacement PRCs or take payments.
- Passport - this is also essential. If you attend your appointment without your passport we will not be able to update your PRC. You will be asked to book another appointment. Please note we cannot accept photocopies.
- Visa- We will need to see your new Entry Clearance Visa if you have recently re- entered the UK for new studies/employment etc. You will also have a new BRP card, which follows on from your Entry Clearance Visa.
- Document showing address - this can be accommodation contract/tenancy agreement. Universities also produce bank letters, which will contain your address.
- Document showing studies - please bring your unconditional offer or CAS which shows your course title and study dates.
- Document showing employment - please bring any new employment contract you may have so we can see the name of the employer as well as the start (and end date if a fixed term contract) date of your new job.
- Details of business created/purchased - if you have set up a business or purchased one, please provide some information
Other than your PRC, passport and visas, we are happy to see any other documents in an email if you do not have them in a printed version. It may be a good idea to do screen shots, as they are usually easy to find.
Attending the appointment
Please attend the appointment on your own – please do not bring friends or family with you, even to wait in the queue. We are trying to keep visitor numbers to a minimum for everyone’s safety.
Please do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment time. Whilst you are waiting, please make sure that you have all your paperwork ready for the staff to see. To help the staff identify you please, show them the email, which has your appointment details on.
If you are more than five minutes late we cannot guarantee that we will be able to see you and you may be asked to book another appointment. Please email us if you think you are going to be late, especially if you are travelling from Rotherham, Doncaster or Barnsley at Overseas.firstname.lastname@example.org